POSITION TITLE: Buyer
COMPANY: Branding Iron Holdings
REPORTING TO: Category Manager
LOCATION: Sauget, IL
The position will focus on purchasing Protein ingredients, reporting to the Category Manager for Protein Procurement and will be accountable for sourcing raw protein materials (Beef & Pork) as well as participating in and managing other needed purchasing roles within the department. This position is also responsible for the exploration, development, and execution of category strategies, ensuring optimal specifications of items are used.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ROLE:
- High profile initiative
- Good stepping stone to be promoted to a higher role within the company
- Opportunity to be an influencer and impact a growing company
• Assist in the development of sourcing strategies for multiple production facilities
• Understands market dynamics and the impact of raw material price volatility on business performance
• Identify, develop and nurture valued relationships with key vendors
• Negotiate and buy cost effective raw materials
• Maintain contracts and commitments in a timely manner
• Identify and capitalize on procurement synergy with diverse vendor list
• Perform functional analysis to support the business and provide interpretations of results back to management, customers or relevant stakeholders in the organization
• Make recommendations within the Procurement Department relating to creating value with sourcing strategies.
• Provide professional guidance and support to internal and external customers.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, procurement, Animal or Food science
• CPM or other procurement certification highly desirable
• Experience with ERP, MRP, and Inventory Management systems
• Strong working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and financial reporting formats
• 2-3 years procurement experience desired
• New college graduates with transferrable skills will be considered
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress environment while continuing to meet customer and company operational and business goals
• Critical thinking skills with ability to manage multiple projects
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Ability to engage with supplier base and internal customers
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Exposure to cold environment- 0 (zero) to 42 degrees
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, cold, damp environment and allergens.
- Regularly required to stand, bend, and walk about facility.