POSITION TITLE: Category Manager/Buyer – Animal Protein Procurement
COMPANY: Branding Iron Holdings
REPORTING TO: Head of Procurement
LOCATION: Greater St. Louis Area
The Category Manager, Animal Proteins, reporting to the Head of Purchasing is accountable for sourcing raw protein materials (Beef & Pork). Exploration, development, and execution of category strategies, ensuring optimal specifications of items are used, engaging with supplier base and internal cross-functional teams. This position is accountable for sourcing meat proteins at the “Total Least Cost” to meet MRP demands, costs savings ideation and delivering against individual, department and company annual targets. As well as proactively updating management on issues and opportunities within their scope of responsibility.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ROLE:
- High-profile initiative
- Out of the box, entrepreneurial role
- Good stepping stone to be promoted to a higher role within the company
- Opportunity to be an influencer and impact a growing company
- Lead the implementation of both short-term and long-term strategy
- Flexibility to manage your own role
|· Develop and execute against global sourcing strategies for multiple production facilities throughout the Americas.
· Understands market dynamics and the impact of raw material price volatility on business performance.
· Identify, develop and nurture value add relationships with key vendors for all Beef/Protein
· Negotiate and buy cost effective Beef Protein raw materials at the “Least Total Cost”.
· Maintain contracts and commitments in a timely manner
· Identify and capitalize on global procurement synergy with global vendors
· Perform highly specialized functional analysis to support the business and provide interpretations of results back to management, customers or relevant stakeholders in the organization
· Make recommendations to Head of Purchasing relating to creative value add sourcing strategies that achieves the “Total Least Cost” of the raw material input.
· Provide professional guidance and support to internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, procurement or food science
- Seasoned procurement or trading professional with a minimum of 5 years’ experience and animal protein procurement experience
- CPM or other procurement certification highly desirable
- Seasoned negotiator with established network of contacts in the industry
- Available for periodic travel
- Experience with ERP, MRP, and Inventory Management systems
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint and financial reporting formats
- Solid understanding of perishable food industry is preferred and relevant protein experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to influence others to implement and manage change and continuous process improvement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress environment while continuing to meet customer and company operational and business goals.
- Ability to resolve issues dealing firmly and fairly with a diverse workforce.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Internal & external Customer focused.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Exposure to cold environment- 0 (zero) to 42 degrees
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, cold, damp environment and allergens.
- Regularly required to stand, bend, and walk about facility.
Contact: Scott Hudspeth 618-857-4003 firstname.lastname@example.org