We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team. Branding Iron-Holten Meat, a Midwest USDA meat processing plant needs Maintenance Technicians to work SECOND SHIFT. We are looking for individuals that have advanced skills in both mechanical and electrical maintenance. Must be dependable and willing to work flexible hours/shifts.
Responsibilities and abilities include:
- Analyze mechanical and operation of processing equipment and resolve issues with hand tools and trade tools.
- Repair production equipment including mechanical systems which may include Hydraulic and Pneumatic operated equipment.
- Trouble shoot electrical problems to include opening electrical panels, replacing starters, contractors, relays, interpret electrical schematics.
- Perform preventative maintenance of production equipment following standard operating procedures.
- Ability to use a computer-based program for entering labor hours, PMs, reactive and safety work orders.
- Maintain a safe workplace by wearing appropriate PPE and following all safety procedures including LO/TO.
- Ammonia Refrigeration and HVAC is a plus.
- Completion of formal two-year educational program in Industrial Maintenance or 1-2 years related work experience with good mechanical and electrical skills will be considered
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical skills. Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, forming equipment, conveyor systems, packaging machines, following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of electrical skills with VFD’s and PLC’s. Industrial electrical installs, services, repairs, wiring, conduits, fixtures and other electrical devices and systems in an industrial environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Accepts feedback, listens well, shows respect, and can present ideas and disseminate information clearly and concisely
- Highly disciplined, logical thinking, team oriented and strong work ethic. Can handle a fast-paced work environment fair workload, meet deadlines and commitments, and accept responsibility for actions.
Work will be performed primarily on the production floor, but also in a general office atmosphere.
Noise: When the incumbent goes on to the production floor, ear protection is required; in other areas, noise level is moderate.
Temperature: The production floor is maintained at approximately 4O F.; in other areas, the temperature level is moderate. Freezer areas are zero degrees or colder.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without reasonable accommodation):
Must be able to lift to 60-80 pounds when required to assist in various functions of the facility. Must be able to perform physical activity including bending, climbing, and reaching.
WORK HOURS: We are in operation seven days a week
- Second Shift business hours are 2:30pm- 11:00pm
- Days worked are on a rotating schedule
- Hours and days may fluctuate depending on need