Oversees, manages and coordinates the daily operations of the Maintenance Department. Evaluates processes and procedures for efficiency and profitability.
Responsibilities and abilities include:
- Coordinates the integration of the Maintenance department s functions into the general business plan. Determines maintenance requirements and sees to it that all of the company s equipment, buildings, grounds and assets are operating in a cost effective and safe manner.
- Keeps company equipment running at optimum performance, through utilizing preventative maintenance procedures, planning, scheduling and reducing production downtime.
- Works closely with the Maintenance department personnel to provide direction and support in staffing and to monitor the performance of the Maintenance Department.
- Recommends, tests and implements new equipment as needed for productivity, efficiency and best return on investment.
- Actively participates as a member of the safety team and continually monitors and recommends changes as needed to keep the plant a safe place to work.
- Maintains all government-mandated programs to ensure compliance with Federal Regulations and standards.
- Develops and manages annual department budget.
- Continues personal and professional growth through organized support groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least five years of progressive responsibility within a food manufacturing company.
- High School Diploma.
- Computer literacy.
- Availability to work a varied work schedule as necessary.
- Organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work assignments.
- Able to assess and solve various issues with the department and with employees.
- Must have general knowledge of Human Resources and safety issues.
- Must have very good knowledge of USDA and OSHA regulations.
- Able to deal firmly and fairly with a diverse workforce.
Work will be performed primarily on the production floor, but also in a general office atmosphere.
Noise: When the incumbent goes on to the production floor, ear protection is required; in other areas, noise level is moderate.
Temperature: The production floor is maintained at approximately 4O F.; in other areas, the temperature level is moderate. Freezer areas are zero degrees or colder.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without reasonable accommodation):
Must be able to lift to 60-80 pounds when required to assist in various functions of the facility. Must be able to perform physical activity including bending, climbing, and reaching.
WORK HOURS: As required to meet responsibilities. This may include split shifts.