This position oversees, manages, and coordinates the daily operations of the SECOND SHIFT production department. Evaluates processes and procedures for efficiency and profitability. Controls inventory levels and monitors staffing to ensure efficient production lines.
Responsibilities and abilities include:
- Coordinates the integration of the production department s functions into the general business plan. Determines administrative requirements, plans, and provides resources to meet the requirements, and monitors effective performance and return on investment
- Oversee production requirements
- Works closely with Human Resources, Supervisors, and lead persons to provide direction and support in staffing and to monitor the performance of the departments
- Recommends, tests, and implements new equipment as needed for productivity, efficiency, and best return on investment
- Responsible for all departments and Associates on premise during the shift
- Responsible for accurate records of production and new product yields in database. Prepares various reports as needed
- Actively participates as a member of the HAACP team and assures compliance to product quality and food safety practices
- Actively participates on safety team committees and continually monitors and recommends changes as needed to keep the plant a safe place to work
- Communicates and works with the sales department and research and development to improve or modify existing products or to develop new products according to customer specifications and address customer complaints
- Communicates and works with maintenance to ensure that machinery is ready for use in a timely manner.
- Works closely with the USDA inspector to ensure compliance with Federal Regulations and standards
- Actively participate as a member of the crisis management and HAZMAT team
- Conducts regular production meetings to communicate process, procedure, or other changes in a team-building manner
- Utilize the ROSS system for production scheduling.
- At least five (5) years of progressive responsibility within a food manufacturing company preferred.
- Knowledge of grinding and patty making operations, production schedule constraints,
- Strong multi-tasking ability, computer literacy, and good math skills
- Available to work a varied schedule as necessary (may include split shifts)
- Able to gain knowledge of products and production processes and effectively prioritize work assignments
- Must have very good working knowledge of USDA, SQF, and OSHA regulations
- Able to work with a diverse workforce
- Must have general knowledge of human resources and safety issues
- Able to assess and resolve various issues within the department and with employees
- Ability to work in 0 to 42-degree temperatures
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as phone, fax, copier, and computer
Work will be performed primarily on the production floor, but also in a general office atmosphere.
Noise: When the incumbent goes on to the production floor, ear protection is required; in other areas, noise level is moderate.
Temperature: The production floor is maintained at approximately 4O F.; in other areas, the temperature level is moderate. Freezer areas are zero degrees or colder.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without reasonable accommodation):
Must be able to lift to 60-80 pounds when required to assist in various functions of the facility. Must be able to perform physical activity including bending, climbing, and reaching.
WORK HOURS: As required to meet responsibilities. This may include split shifts.