This position is responsible for managing hourly team members to attain production and quality goals while ensuring the safest working environment possible. Must be dependable and willing to work flexible hours/shifts.
Responsibilities and abilities include:
- Provide direct reports with leadership, direction and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
- Responsible for achieving productivity, efficiency, cost, quality and safety objectives and line performance.
- Manufacture or Package products to customer specification and any new items, i.e. samples.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain presence in department to ensure proper operation and established goals are met such as Yield Improvement and Attainment to Standard.
- Actively participate as a member of the safety team and continually monitor and recommend changes as needed to keep the plant a safe place to work and meet established safety goals.
- Communicate with Maintenance on concerns with equipment and preventive maintenance that supports production. Able to enter and track status on Work Request Systems.
- Communicate with Scheduler on what production needs are and what type of staffing or equipment issues may arise for the coming week, i.e. the effective use of staffing and/or overtime.
- Participate in daily exchange of operational information with shift counterpart.
- Evaluate processes and procedures for efficiency and profitability on a continual basis.
- Adjust recipes as needed to maximize fat content and minimize batching costs.
- Responsible for time and attendance tracking for their work team.
- Responsible for putting the correct product in the correct package at the correct price.
- 3+ years Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years working in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of Food Manufacturing Process preferred (Grind operations)
- Knowledge of SSOP, SOP, GMP, HACCP, SQF
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent analytical, trouble shooting, conflict management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work assignments.
- Able to deal firmly and fairly with a diverse workforce
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Must be flexible and available to work varied schedule and supervise other areas of the production floor as needed.
- Managing within a union environment helpful but not required
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Exposure to cold environment-approximately 42 degrees
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, cold, damp environment and allergens.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facility.
- Must be able to work overtime and availability Monday through Sunday.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.