POSITION TITLE: Category Assistant Buyer – Animal Protein Procurement
COMPANY: Branding Iron Holdings
REPORTING TO: Head of Procurement
LOCATION: Greater St. Louis Area
The Assistant Buyer, Animal Proteins, reporting to the Head of Purchasing is accountable for supporting the sourcing of raw protein materials (Beef & Pork). This position works closely with the Category Buyer providing clerical support for the sourcing of meat proteins.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ROLE:
- Entry level role to the Purchasing Department
- Creates and manages purchase orders
- Confers with vendors to coordinate execution of purchases
- Resolves issues that arise to ensure timely delivery
- Coordinate the procurement process
- On the job training to become a Category Buyer
- Good stepping stone to be promoted to a higher role within the company
- Support the implementation of both short-term and long-term strategy
|· Support supplier relationships with key vendors for all Beef/Protein purchases
· Maintain commitments in a timely manner
· Provide professional guidance and support to internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Agri-business, procurement or food science
- Excellent written and verbal communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while continuing to meet customer and company operational and business goals.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Internal & external Customer focused.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Exposure to cold environment- 0 (zero) to 42 degrees
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, cold, damp environment and allergens.
- Regularly required to stand, bend, and walk about facility.
Contact: Scott Hudspeth 618-857-4003 firstname.lastname@example.org