Responsible for the overall quality assurance programs at the Sauget manufacturing and distribution facilities. Champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives to establish and maintain effective Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point program (HACCP); initiate and implement quality improvement activities as appropriate (e.g. Food Quality Safety) to raise the performance of the company’s product lines; develop, validate and maintain Food Safety and Food Quality systems consistent with the SQF Food and Quality certification requirements.
- Responsible for site’s quality and food safety programs.
- Responsible for leading site HACCP team, including review, maintenance and updates to the program.
- Act as USDA liaison.
- Site SQF lead practitioner. Responsible for all site SQF programs including auditing and procedures.
- Develop, track and maintain site quality metrics such as customer complaints and right the first time.
- Develop and maintain product standards. Maintain and track product quality data utilizing site systems including statistical trend analysis.
- Establish and implement metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions
- Responsible for site QA corrective and preventative action program.
- Establish collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
- Monitor vendor performance and provide feedback to purchasing.
- Act as site liaison for customers. Provide customers with product and specification information. Manage customer data bases as needed.
- Oversee quality assurance calibration and testing programs.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Provide sanitary design review on new and purchased equipment.
- Manage site QA budget.
- Provide regulatory guidance regarding products and labeling.
- Oversee site hold, release and rework process.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- BS/BA in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related fields.
- 5+ years’ experience in QA systems implementation and management.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing, implementation, and maintaining HACCP and Food Safety programs.
- HACCP and GFSI certification (SQF preferred).
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control.
- Experience in designing and implementing quality systems, including GFSI programs.
- Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong computer skills including quality control applications, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Thorough understanding of general safety requirements.
- Travel as needed to customers and other Branding Iron Holdings facilities.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Work performed in an office and factory settings.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, cold, damp environment and allergens.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facility.
- Direct supervision of Quality Control Manager