Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct reports with leadership, direction and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
- Responsible for achieving productivity, efficiency, cost, quality and safety objectives and line performance.
- Responsible for maintaining shipping and receiving schedules, break times, unloading and loading times, rework, attainment to standard, housekeeping, and uptime Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain presence in department to ensure proper operation and established goals are met such as Lines Per Hour and Inventory Accuracy.
- Actively participate as a member of the safety team and continually monitor and recommend changes as needed to keep the plant a safe place to work and meet established safety goals.
- Provide direction to Warehouse department employees and train when necessary.
- Communicate with Maintenance on concerns with equipment and preventive maintenance that supports production. Able to enter and track status on Work Request Systems.
- Participate in daily exchange of operational information with shift counterpart.
- Evaluate processes and procedures for efficiency and profitability on a continual basis.
- Responsible for time and attendance tracking for their work team.
- Stand-up deep reach forklift.
Physical Requirements: (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facility.
- Temperature: Freezer areas are zero degrees or colder. The production floor is maintained at approximately 4O F.; in other areas, the temperature level is moderate.
- Noise: When the incumbent goes on to the production floor, ear protection is required; in other areas, noise level is moderate.
- Second shift hours are 3:30PM- 12:00PM.
- Hours and days may fluctuate depending on need.
- Must be available to work flexible hours Monday through Sunday including overtime.
Qualifications /Other Requirements:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Food Manufacturing Process preferred (Grind operations).
- Knowledge of SSOP, SOP, GMP, HACCP, SQF.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical, trouble shooting, conflict management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work assignments.
- Able to deal firmly and fairly with a diverse workforce.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- ERP, MWS, TMS system experience preferred.
- Must be flexible and available to work varied schedule and supervise other areas of the production floor as needed.
- Managing within a union environment helpful but not required.
- Forklift Operator Certification preferred.
- 3+ years Supervisory experience in a warehouse environment or equivalent is a plus.
- 5+ years working in a warehouse environment or equivalent
|Job Category||Second Shift, Warehouse|
|Job Title||Warehouse Supervisor|